Why is my Dongle not found/connected?
Symptoms: The Dongle is not detected by the computer/software. The issue can be confirmed by inspecting the status window in the PC software.
Possible issues and suggested solutions:
- Dongle is frozen - plug out and back in the Dongle from the USB port.
- Port is frozen - restart the computer
- Dongle disabled by operating system - See How to enable a disabled Dongle?.
- Operating system is not supported - check list of supported OS.
- Driver not installed (Windows 7 & 8) - install driver and inspect Device Manager to verify. See How to install the Dongle driver? (Windows 7 & 8).
- USB Cable broken - replace cable
- Dongle broken - contact Shape Robotics
Last update on 2017-09-05 by David Johan Christensen.